Recap of a recent survey for parents with children with communication problems.
Parents list the most important areas to support their children (most vs. least important)
- Anxiety & Depression
- Developing and maintaining friendships
- Coping skills for stressful situations
- Verbal and nonverbal Communication
- Behavioral management
- Problems with eating or sleeping
- Sensitivity to criticism
- Asking for help
- Tantrum & Aggression
- Difficulties with transitions
- Attachment issues with parents, teachers, caregivers
Therapies attempt to lessen the deficits, support the strengths and to increase the quality of life and functional independence of children.